7.21.2009

Looking Good and Growing

The girls are continuing to do great. Georgia weighed 2lb 6oz last night and Madelyn is now bigger than her sister weighing in at 2 lb 7oz. We decided that extra ounce is all in her cheeks as Madelyn has grown these great chubby cheeks and impressive double chin. She looks so cute and squishy, I just love it. The nurses had warned us that the first pound is the hardest to gain and they will probably bounce around a little until they reach that point. They are both awake more often and more alert when they are awake, which is great to see.

Madelyn is still on her nasal cannula but she mainly needs the flow it supplies rather than any oxygen support. Georgia is still doing wonderfully breathing on her own. Both girls are continuing to eat more everyday and handling that well. Georgia had another follow up head ultra sound on Monday morning which showed everything to be stable and no swelling in her ventricles anymore. We will hopefully be planning a second surgery date for Madelyn soon and will let everyone know when that is.

We are so thankful for how far they have come and feel so blessed.

The girls snuggling with their Daddy.



Madelyn



Georgia

1 comment:

Patricia Coplen said...

What a roller coaster is right! God has been so great and awesome to us. Craig and Angie, never forget that I love you both, too, almost as much as I love our little bundles. I cannot wait to baby sit!