7.07.2010

Grand Rapids Children's Museum

We were trying to think of something fun to do while Craig's parents were in town so we ended up at the Grand Rapids Children's Museum yesterday. The original plan was to go to a local minor league baseball game but it was 95 degrees out so we opted for something air conditioned instead. The girls cooperated/played with lots of fun stuff for about 2 hours. That's pretty much as long as you can do anything when you're 1, right? I know they can't fully appreciate these kinds of things but I like taking any opportunities we can to expose them to new fun environments and experiences. Plus adults need to have a little fun every once in a while too...


The mirrors were a big winner with the girls.



This area is all made of rubber, the girls were having fun squishing it so we decided to let them sit and play. This has quickly become my favorite picture from the trip. I can so see Madelyn thinking... seriously, what would make you think I want to sit here?



Appropriately enough Georgia the little monkey is climbing the tree in the Curious George exhibit.



The big bubbles were almost as cool as the mirrors. I think Georgia popped the one forming around us the second after this photo.

All in all we had a great time and I can't wait to take the girls back in a couple of years.

No comments: