7.25.2011

Beachin It

The girls and I met some friends at the beach today. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day! Unfortunately... I ended up being THAT mom with THOSE monsters toddlers. You know that mom whose kids look like they may be possessed or possibly in dire pain, like losing a limb or something? The screeching/growling crying children. Yeah, you know them. If you have kids you probably look at them with a little empathy (and joy that your kids [hopefully] aren't currently behaving that way) and if you don't have kids you look at them a like lepers.

We went so quickly from this:




To full on cling on mommy meltdown. Sigh. The girls insisted no one else could help them to the car, they were also unsure that they even wanted to go to the car so there I was hauling 40 something lbs. of wiggling, tantrum throwing heathens kids across the hot sand of the beach to the car. If the sand hadn't been so hot I was seriously contemplating leaving their cute little butts in the sand.

Next time you see THAT mom at the store or beach or walking down the street try not to judge her (or her crazy kids) too harshly. It could be you tomorrow, next week or in a few years :) 

No comments: