9.06.2011

Zoo Trip 2011

This summer we tackled the zoo... without a stroller. Crazy, I know. I get so sick of taking them out to look at animals and then listening to Georgia chant "walk, walk, walk..." that I decided not to even both with it. The zoo in Grand Rapids is just the right size to tackle in a morning and I decided we would power through until the girls got too tired/cranky. The girls did great, luckily Craig's parents came with us and were a great help holding hands and helping the pregnant lady lift little ladies.

I love this picture of Georgia and Grandpa looking at the fish.


The John Ball zoo has an exhibit where you can feed and pet the stingrays. As we entered the exhibit i asked Maddy if she wanted to touch and almost immediately she said "NO.. no, no." haha so she did not participate. Georgia and I had fun touching the slimy stingrays.


The butterflies were also pretty exciting to Georgia...


About halfway through the girls started getting a little whiny and started lots of "up, please" begging. Grandpa got them some slushies and they perked right back up and were ready to go.



We tried to get a cute picture including the new growing addition (and the pregnant lady in her practical tennis shoes instead of the much loved flip-flops) at the end... I really need to remember to do this BEFORE we tromp through the zoo. Oh well. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for coming with us on our stroller free adventure. We had a great day!

No comments: