We are so excited to introduce everyone to the newest addition to our family; Sofia Grace. She was born on January 27th at 9:22 pm. She weighed in at 7lb 12 oz and was 20.5 in long.
We headed to the hospital around 3am and after a LONG day of contractions and labor she changed her mind and decided she would rather enter the world via cesarean section. So we headed into surgery and everything went smoothly.
It was obviously a much different experience this time around. My heart leapt when she was born and let out a loud and healthy cry. Craig helped clean her up and cut her umbilical cord, so normal, yet so surreal after our experience with the twins.
The complication this time around was the girls (aren't they always so demanding?? :) We tried our best to organize friends and family to surround them while I recovered at the hospital but to a 2 yr old I can imagine the whole experience is a little traumatizing. I opted to head home early on Sunday afternoon which ended up being a great decision. Craig had the entire upcoming week off of work and was SOOOO helpful and supportive so I didn't need to worry about over doing it. We had a fantastic week with lots of snuggling and family time.
We are in love with this little lady. She is a girl after my own heart, already sleeping some 5-6 hour stretches at night... not every night of course, that would be too easy. Sorry to everyone who thinks I fell off the earth, I think I forgot what sleep deprivation feels like. The whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" rule kind of goes out the window when you have two 2 yr olds running around like crazies all day. Luckily, she loves to cuddle and sleep and only occasionally scream and cry.
The girls are still getting used to being big sisters. Sometimes they love it... other times - not so much. I am impressed with how much they have blossomed and grown in the past two weeks. They are doing more for themselves and the look they get on their face when they accomplish something new is priceless. Georgia came running up to me the other night screaming "myself, myself!" to show me she put her shoes on all by herself. This helps to relieve the little guilty voice in my head that tries to make me feel bad when I can't be everything for all 3 of them at the same time.
Sofia had an important call...
Madelyn also wanted to hold a baby. She said she needed a "naked baby" to get a picture with.
Switch!
Both sets of grandparents got to meet Sofia and love on her. My dad was too busy being the photographer to get a picture so we'll have to catch him next time.
A big thanks to my friend Stephanie (or Stephy as the girls would say) for coming over at 3am :) to hang out with Charlie and make sure the house didn't burn down while the girls were sleeping and also to both sets of grandparents for watching the girls so Craig could spend some time at the hospital.





No comments:
Post a Comment