Oh man I am SUCH a blog slacker. Happy Easter, everyone! haha. Isn't it nice to be able to relive the holiday nearly 2 months later? Yes, I thought so too :)
The night before Easter Sunday we left some carrots out for the Easter bunny. I'm pretty sure the girls thought I was a little crazy, but being good sports like they are they posed for a photo anyway.
That night when Craig and I the Easter Bunny was hiding eggs I was picking on Craig about his lack of creative hiding spots (i.e. the middle of the kitchen floor) thinking the girls would surely be better egg hunters than that. Well... they walked right by most of the eggs. We tried to encourage them to go get all the eggs to fill their baskets but they would go get one and bring it back to investigate.
Their baskets were filled with lots of fun stuff... new Elmo pajamas, lots of play jewelry, glow sticks... The eggs were filled with coins and some had mini marshmallows in them. Pennies are a hot commodity in our house, the girls love puting them in their piggy banks.
I'm really not sure why the chin was the injury site of choice...?
Along with all the goodies I errr the Easter Bunny included one piece of candy in each of their baskets. This was both an effort to limit the amount of junk/sugar/useless food my children injest and also because I knew they would be too busy/distracted by all the other hooplah and funness around them. Well.... after they carried their chocolate eggs around for about 15 minutes in true toddler possessiveness, I found them on the kitchen table. I think they ended up in the garbage.
Sofia did not hunt for eggs but she did sport her "1st Easter" bib :)
She thought eating her bib while I tried to take a picture was just the funniest thing ever... lots of baby giggles!
I hope you all also had a fantastic Easter. I can't wait until next year when the girls can begin to understand more of the meaning behind the holiday as well as enjoy the cute, fun aspects.
No comments:
Post a Comment