Five.
If you ask me what I was doing six years ago I probably couldn't give you a whole lot of details. BUT if you ask me what I was doing five years ago I could tell you about the song I was listening to, the emotions I was feeling, the words on the whiteboard in my hospital room, the color of blue of the nurse's eyes during my c-section, the look in Craig's eyes when the girls were born...
Girls who have the most infectious laughter.
Girls who love and care.
Girls who ask deep questions and think big thoughts.
This year has been a big year for us. The girls started school full time last fall and for the first time they were spending the majority of their time everyday away from me. In so many ways it broke my heart but in so many ways I also knew it was so good for them.
I have watched them grow SO much this past year I have a hard time putting it in to words. Their personalities have blossomed as they have developed relationships with new friends in new situations. Their observation and understanding of the world around them amazes me.
This year has held silly moments.
Gymnastics triumphs.
Frozen. (yeah, it's a big deal)
Pierced Ears!
Girls, I hope you know you are loved. You are loved by your parents, your grandparents, your sister, aunt and uncles, your teachers and friends. You may not always admit it but I watch you love each other. You can't understand just how much you are loved yet but one day you may be holding your own precious little one in your arms and it will dawn on you... "This. This is the love that has been felt for me."
Happy birthday to two amazing girls who are filled with beauty and love and kindness and make this world a better place to be. May the next year bring you as much joy as the past five years have brought me.







No comments:
Post a Comment