6.20.2010
Happy Father's Day!
I am so lucky to have such great men in my life. My dad is of course my go to handy man. We have lots of discussions that begin with "do you think you could build..." and of course he says yes. He is also without a doubt who I turn to when I need to have a good deep discussion. Craig doesn't put up with hypothetical situations or my ranting for very long. He is such a wonderful man, father and grandfather. We took my dad out to dinner tonight and he shared some fun times with Madelyn. Lots of cute photo ops, unfortunately I left my camera at home. :(
I can't thank my handy men without thanking my father in law. I owe a lot of our house remodel to him, both his physical labor and his teaching Craig how to do and fix. Since his sons have gotten married he's getting used to having more girls around... and trying to get used to hugs, apparently before we came along he just shook his sons' hands. :) Now he's getting used to having babies around. He is such a proud Grandpa and we are lucky to have him. We were also lucky enough to see Craig's Dad this weekend and share lots of great moments of fun and conversation. Again... I'm having some issues remembering the camera.
Finally, thank you Craig. I don't think I could have imagined a better father if I designed one myself. He is my rock and partner in every way. He was there at 3am when the girls both needed to eat and I needed to pump even if he did have to get up and go to work in 4 hours. Amazing. He makes the girls laugh and smile when I have given in. He not only sniffs out the smelly diapers but also changes them without even attempting to pass the stinky baby off to me. Remarkably I have only seen him gag once :) I think the most impressive part of all this is that I feel he genuinely loves every moment of it. He loves his little girls and they love him right back!
Craig might kill me for including this picture but I just can't help it. It's one of my favorite candid shots.
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment