3.04.2011

Homemade Playdough

Georgia woke up this morning a little cranky and in need of some extra entertainment. So we decided to make some homemade playdough. While the store bought stuff is ok it's a little too greasy and smells weird. Plus homemade is just more fun.

Here is the recipe we chose to use:
2 C flour
2 C warm water
1 C salt
2 T veg. oil
1 T cream of tartar

First you combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan. The girls love dumping and stirring. I can't get the flour out without some very adamant helpers climbing my legs.



Next, you cook everything on low heat until it pulls away from the sides and loses most of it's stickiness.



That's it! Wait for it to cool and then add your favorite colors and even scents. I had some "fresh rain" scented oil leftover from making candles so I threw that in.

Georgia wasn't impressed at first....

The idea grew on her after I added in some cookie cutters.


Maddy LOVES ripping.... mail, magazines, books, paper - you name it. So of course she was content to just rip her playdough into pieces and then wait patiently for it to be squished back together again.



Enjoy your weekend everyone!



No comments: