1.03.2013

Merry Christmas!

I strongly believe there are fewer things more enjoyable than Christmas with 3 yr olds. They are old enough to anticipate but still easily impressed.

Craig and I tried to strike a happy balance between santa/presents and Jesus and the meaning of Christmas. We read lots of books about both topics. At one point after explaining to the girls about when were going to see different family members to celebrate with I asked them who was coming to our house for Christmas? maddy yelled "baby Jesus!" haha

We left Santa cookies and carrots for the reindeer on Christmas Eve. After the girls went to bed, Craig and I were wrapping and assembling gifts in the living room when Maddy got up and announced she needed to go potty. We both jumped... guilty. Luckily, she didn't see us but she also didn't give in to sleep until about 11pm... good for her Santa was still awake, barely.

Sofia woke us up bright and early, I guess she was excited. We opened stockings right away...



Everyone needs oranges in their stocking, right?

Then we opened presents while breakfast was cooking. Santa left a note to say thank you for the cookies. I thought it was a nice touch, the girls were not so impressed.


The girls each received 1 present from Santa, wrapped in special wrapping paper. About 3 days before Christmas they told me what they wanted Santa to bring them... really?

Georgia asked for a blood pressure cuff (thanks for planting that idea Sara... :)


and Madelyn wanted a car seat for her baby.


Sofia asked for this special puppy... in squeals and giggles of course.

The girls knew the rest of the presents were from mommy and daddy, but that didn't make them any less special.


 The aquadoodle in my opinion is the most fantastic invention, although I keep fighting the compulsion to put a lid on the marker (filled with only water) so it doesn't dry out. 


The castle was my favorite gift even though it poses some issues with hoarding the small pieces so Sofia doesn't choke on them.

We rounded out the morning with some hot cocoa (or LOTS of coffee) and breakfast.









No comments: