1.04.2013

While We Were Out....

Shortly after Halloween we suffered some technical difficulties and then we got caught up in some busy-ness. But hey, we're back!

Here are some highlights of what you missed over the past couple of months:


We cooked a giant turkey for Thanksgiving...


Craig's parents and his grandma (Grandma Peanut) helped us eat the giant turkey and put up with me taking photos...

 Sofia slept through turkey time but woke up just in time for pumpkin pie... coincidence? I don't think so.

The girls love Craig's grandma dearly. To be honest I think they have softened her heart a little :) 




The next day we busted out the Christmas decor and added some festive touches to this home.
 They love their little people nativity but Maddy was very concerned that Mary couldn't hold baby Jesus, since he was stuck in his little bed.






A few weeks later we made some Christmas cookies with "Stephy" and Ang



 and this handsome little man! Sofia's baby-boyfriend Owen, Ang's little man. Cute stuff, right?








Over the past 2 months Sofia gained 6 new teeth and subsequently fell in love with brushing her teeth. She also took her first steps! She has been toddling around a bit but still prefers crawling... I can't say I blame her, she's quick! She has also mastered stair climbing and finds the word "NO" absolutely hilarious!
When you have teeth you get to gnaw on pretzels... and hang out sans pants?

We went on a Christmas light tour, complete with hot chocolate, PJ's and snuggly blankets.





In the middle of December we attended the annual NICU Parent to Parent Program (PPP) volunteer Christmas party. They put on a fantastic party for NICU grad parents who currently volunteer in the NICU. Complete with crafts, singing and even presents from Santa.
Madelyn and Georgia were crazy for Santa this year. I have heard the words "I love Santa!" so many times over the past couple of months.


Sofia, not so much.
Just to make sure... ok. We believe you now.

The party was manned with lots of GVSU occupational therapy grad student, volunteeers. They were so much fun, playing and crafting with all the kids. Georgia is obviously smitten.






I couldn't help but think how far they have come since their NICU days.


Sometime in December we also got a little nutty with smelly markers... thanks Aunt Pat!


So, there you have it. Our lives in a nutshell during November and pre-Christmas December!









No comments: