6.21.2013

Best Friends

There are times when I get a little wrapped up in things that need to get done and it's hard to crawl away form those things and see the joy all around me.

Last weekend was a lot of cooking, baking, shopping and preparing as we celebrated 2 birthdays as well as Father's day. Your typical pleas for attention do little in situations like that. BUT... bringing this into my kitchen works pretty well:



Mommy, he's my best friend and I love him.

Ooooooook well time for him to go find a nice spot to live outside.

Noooooo! I love him and he sleeps in my bed.

Um. Yikes. Actually he misses his mommy and she lives out there sooo bye Mr. Beetle.

I actually had this conversation without saying the word gross or disgusting to. Mainly because, if harmless bugs are her thing then well.. "you go girl." That said, I hope this beetle is actually harmless because they love our backyard and well he was dead so I'm assuming he won't hurt anyone.

 I am trying to NOT teach my daughters useless fears... even if I have them. It's ok to like creepy crawly things, it will be fun to scare your friends with that skill later in life. Just never bring a spider to mommy.

No comments: