10.02.2012

Thirty Questions - Day 2

Day 2 - Describe a typical day in your home...

6:45am - Craig is up getting ready for work and the twins are generally up and wander into our room and snuggle for a bit. On a good day (after Sofia has slept through the night) I am up and getting around... on a REALLY good day I am up before everyone, enjoying the quiet house and some uninterrupted coffee.

7:45am - By this time Craig is gone for work and Sofia is up. The girls play while Sofia takes her bottle.

8:30am - The girls and I have breakfast together.... and coffee for the lucky ones.

9:00am - Clean breakfast off of Sofia and get her dressed. The twins love to help. Georgia often tries to convince me she can change Sofia's diaper. Oh how I wish it were true. Sofia goes down for a nap while Maddy & Georgia get dressed and play outside if it's nice or watch Elmo while I do laundry. It's really difficult to keep them quiet enough for a naptime. I can't wait until this baby no longer needs 2 naps.

10:00am - We wake Sofia up and head out for swim lessons, storytime, tumbling, errands, the park or anything else that comes up. If we stay home in the morning the girls play and I can maybe sneak in a load of dishes... and hopefully some coffee.

Noon - Lunchtime for everyone! We like to get downtown to have lunch with Craig once a week or so or just eat whatever we can find in the fridge.

1:00pm - All 3 girls are down for a nap. Woo hoo, it's party time! OR time for me to figure out what's for dinner, catch up on emails/blog, phone calls, cleaning and finding something for dinner. Occasionally I sneak in a nap or a show on the DVR.

3:00pm - Sofia is up. We play and read. It's nice to have some time alone with her. She loves to chase the cats around and look at books. Or just crawl all over me, drooling.

4:00pm - The twins are up by now and all 3 girls play together while I get dinner ready (on good days... or maybe they scream at each other and go to time out a few times). We play lots of music and the girls like to run around and be crazy about this time of day (lots of screeching and laughing and pretty much... chaos) When I'm done with dinner I try to do a puzzle with them or some books or get out the dreaded play dough... I seriously dislike that stuff.

5:30pm - Craig is home from work and it's time for dinner.

5:35pm - The girls start begging for ice cream.... (Sofia whines and protests her dinner so I assume she is also begging)

6:00pm - We go for a walk, head to the Y to swim, go shopping or just spend some time together at home... sometimes we give in and walk to the corner for ice cream.

8:00pm - Time for Sofia to get to bed... jammies, bottle, a book and a song and she's off to bed. Georgia & Maddy get pajamas on, brush teeth, vitamins, prayers, inhalers, books and songs.

9:35pm - Maddy gets up to go potty.

9:40pm - Georgia gets up to go potty.

9:42pm - Georgia needs a drink.

9:43pm - Georgia has a booger in her nose (not kidding... she actually JUST came up to me with that one)

9:50pm - I tell the girls to be quiet for the umpteenth time... this time it actually sticks.

*variations of bedtime stalling include but are not limited to:

Georgia bit my finger.
I can't see my blanket.
I can't find my stuffed                   .
My pillow is lumpy.
My feet are cold.
I'm all done.
My belly hurts... I need to go to the doctor's.
There's something in my eye.
There's a cat under the bed.

11:30pm - Bedtime... I whisper a quiet prayer that I won't need to see my children for at least the next 7 hrs.

So there it is, a day in our life... Although, I feel like, as with snowflakes; no 2 days are the same around here.

Tomorrow's question is: Describe your relationship with your children.

No comments: